Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oops?

Every single girl except one was late for our first scheduled group dinner. It was set for 8pm. Our room phone rang at 8:25pm and it was Stephania saying we were late. We freaked out only to run out the door with all the other girls who were late, too. This time change and the fact that we haven't slept since Monday night is messing with us all! We all looked like zombies at dinner.

We had a straight up 4 course Italian dinner. Antipasto, macaroni, meat and potatoes and my third gelato of the day! Which luckily was not a repeat flavor!

3) Half vanilla/half chocolate

Gianluca, our tall, dark and handsome male tour guide talked to us about all the extrra excursions we can go on. We want to do them all! Tomorrow's optional is a gondola ride... Duuuh, gotta do it. The others include busing around Rome at night (my favorite!!), wine tasting in San-Something (Gianluca says it so fast and effortlessly, I couldn't tell you the city name right now), tour of the catacombs and a Tarantella music show after dinner one night! I really hope everyone decides to do them. They all cost extra money and we can only go if 20+ people sign up. Don't be cheap, peeps! When in Rome!

Now Francesca and I are going to lay out our clothes for tomorrow and hopefully get some REAL rest, not on Lufthansa. Jill and Mary just came by to call their parents. Time to call it a day!

Goodnight, Venezia.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Just by reading I feel like I'm in Venice with you! I hope your having an amazing time so far! I can't wait to hear more about Venice! If you can try to take some gelato home for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda!

    So glad you decided to create a blog with your experiences in Italy- you have always been such an elegant writer! Mmmm.. Italian food so good! Wohoo absolutely love the gelato..my fav was the choc chip mint :)

    I do have a couple of tips for when you get to Rome.. When you are in Rome they will try charging you a lot of money or well Euros for the Gelato especially right near the Coliseum where the tourists are. My friend & I both wanted Gelato and we each ended up paying like $10 just for one. We didn't know any better at the time. Needless to say, it must have been the best Gelato of our lives! Also, they try to get tourists to take pictures outside of the Coliseum which costs money as well.

    Enjoy the food, the wine, the people and of course all the places- absolutely loved the Trevi Fountain (make sure to make a wish), The Coliseum, The Spanish Steps, and The Vatican. Post pictures when you can- I never took the Gondola ride but I dream of taking it when I go back someday! :)

    ReplyDelete